What to know about copyright on photographs
The 10 c0mmandments
- Respect the copyright on photographs.
- Always ask permission from the photographer to use a photo.
- Don't trust the statement of others. Only the photographer can give permission to use the photo.
- Make an agreement for compensation.
- Only use the photo for the agreed purpose.
- Always trace back the creator of the photo. Do not use the photo if you de not know the creator.
- Always name the creator of the photo.
- Don't crop the photo without permission of the photographer.
- Watch the legal right of others. Ask them for premission for use.
- Always give the photographer evidence of publication.